About Racing City Chorus
Racing City Chorusis a men's singing organization, who meet regularly to practice, perform, socialize, and have fun. We currently have over 50 singers of all walks of life, and all parts of the Saratoga Springs area.
The main purpose of Racing City Chorus is to get out and sing for our community. We sing at annual shows, a number of community events, and at annual competitions. We also perform Singing Valentines around Valentines Day. We are available to sing at your next function or event. If you're looking for a unique musical experience to liven up your event, please check out our Hire Us section.
In addition to sharing our music with others, another great passion of ours is learning more about the art of acapella singing. Vocal instruction is a regular part of chorus rehearsals, and a very important component of the chorus experience. From time to time, we will get coaching from a visiting master in the art of barbershop, where we improve the quality of our singing.
From time to time, Racing City Chorus participates in the Northeastern District chorus competition. Competitions are a special time for quartets and choruses from our district to come together to sing for each other, and receive constructive feedback from a panel of judges. The winners of the district competition in both quartet and chorus categories travel to the Barbershop Harmony Society International Competition, which is held in July each year. In 2016, International Competition will be held in Nashville. Click here to learn more.
In addition to singing in the chorus many members form their own quartets to further enjoy barbershop singing and performing. Racing City Choruscurrently is home to a number of wonderful quartets, and we are very proud of them! Click here to learn more about Our Quartets.
Racing City Chorusis a chapter of Barbershop Harmony Society, a non-profit organization of approximately 25,000 members in choruses and quartets, worldwide. The Headquarters is in Nashville, TN.
SPEBSQSA Code of Ethics
The Society aspires to preserve for its members and for all future generations of prospective members the sacred right of men to seek haven from the burden of their daily cares through indulgence in old fashioned vocal quartet harmony, and to that end we do hereby pledge ourselves to abide by the precepts of this Code of Ethics:
- We shall do everything in our power to perpetuate the Society.
- We shall deport ourselves and conduct the Society's functions in such a manner as to reflect credit upon the Society and its membership.
- We shall conform in all respects to the bylaws of the Society and the rules from time to time promulgated by its international board of directors.
- We shall accept for membership only congenial men of good character who love harmony in music or have a desire to harmonize.
- We shall exhibit a spirit of good fellowship toward all members.
- We shall refrain from forcing our songs upon unsympathetic ears.
- We shall not use our membership in the Society for personal gain.
- We shall not permit the introduction of political, religious or other similar controversial issues into the affairs of the Society.
- We shall, by our stimulus to good music and vocal harmony, endeavor to spread the spirit of harmony throughout the world.
- We shall render all possible altruistic service through the medium of barbershop harmony.